What are common underwater sounds? - References, Additional Links, and Resources
- Andrew, R.K., Howe, B.M., Mercer, J.A., and Dzieciuch, M.A. 2002, "Ocean ambient sound: Comparing the 1960s with the 1990s for a receiver off the California coast." Acoustics Research Letters Online. 3(2), 65-70.
- National Research Council. 2003, "Ocean Noise and Marine Mammals." The National Academies Press, Washington, D.C.
- Wenz, G. M. 1962, "Acoustic ambient noise in the ocean: Spectra and sources." Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 34, 1936-1956.
Additional Links on DOSITS
- Blue Whale
- Fin Whale
- Harbor Porpoise
- How is sound used to communicate underwater?
- How is sound used to navigate underwater?
- Ice Cracking
- Marine mammal communication
- Marine mammal navigation
- Marine mammals feeding
- National Defense
- Ocean Noise Variability and Noise Budgets
- Research Ocean Physics
- Waves on Beach
- WOTAN: “Wind Observations Through Ambient Noise”
- L.T. Hatch and A.J. Wright 2007, "A Brief Review of Anthropogenic Sound in the Oceans." International Journal of Comparative Psychology 20, 121-133.